Friday, August 29, 2008

Georgia/Russia on my mind

I don't understand diplomatic relations between countries. I just read this headline: "Georgia to sever diplomatic ties with Russia"

Um, ya think?

So I clicked on the link, and I read this: "Georgia said Friday it will recall all diplomatic staff from its embassy in Moscow to protest the presence of Russian troops on its territory. Russia criticized the move, saying it will not benefit relations between the countries."

Um, what? What relations? The relations where Russia introduced their tanks to the streets of Georgia and split the nation in two? Those relations?

It reminds me of the time when Greg got mad at me for not sending him a Christmas card even though he had just killed my dog on purpose and had fun doing it. His argument was something like, "sure I killed your dog on purpose and I had fun doing it, but that's no excuse for not sending me a Christmas card. What's your plan here, to ruin our relationship? Well it's working. Grow up a little bit." And then he let the air out of my tires.

By the way, I was trying to figure out which label to use for this post and I noticed that we had previously used "Russia". I have no idea what that could have been about, so I'm looking forward to publishing this so I can check it out. Yeah it's an exciting Friday.

Labels: , , |

0 comments: