Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My goodbye's (for now)

I'm leaving for NY City here shortly. So in my absence*, Greg will be taking over the blogging duties around here until some time next week. And by "taking over the blogging duties", I mean "ignoring this place like the plague". He works in mysterious ways.

* That's one of those words that I constantly spell wrong. I think it should be "absense". Doesn't that make more sence? That's my two sents anyway.

But before I go, I'd like to share with you a list of some of the things I hope to do while in NY:

1. Go to Coney Island to eat a hot dog.
2. Steal the change from the cup of a homeless man.
3. Root for the Royals while at Yankee Stadium.
4. Find Mike Lupica and punch him in the throat.
5. Avoid the police after punching Mike Lupica in the throat.
6. Meet up with my pen pal at the top of the Empire State Building.
7. Swim in the east river (I have back problems).
8. Buy a pack of gum from Rupert G.
9. Befriend a homeless lady who feeds the birds in Central Park.
10. Take a lame touristy picture in front of a closed-down Studio 54.
11. Take a lame touristy and risque picture behind the bull on Wallstreet.
12. Check out the WTC progress.
13. Call my co-workers in the middle of the day to brag that I'm not at work.
14. Buy a fake Prada purse for Jill. I'm thinking a Proda or Pradda.
15. Buy an "I heart NY" t-shirt and get it signed by a celebrity.

I'm sure I won't have time for all of those, but some time next week I'll fill you in on what I did.

Until then..........

4 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    Get your shirt in Chinatown. You can get like 5 I heart NY shirts for 10 bucks. Also, watch your step.

  2. Jerms Says:

    hey slacker get back to blogging

  3. Erin Says:

    I know - what am I supposed to do at work? There's a whole 10-15 minutes that goes to waste these days.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    My apologies. I'm back from an extended vaca and promise to be back and better than ever.

    Or much worse.