Sunday, July 29, 2007

Come to my party. It's sure to suck

So the other day, Jill got herself invited to a Tastefully Simple Party. If you're not familiar with what that is, it's basically where a woman will have a bunch of her girlfriends come to her house and try to get them to buy a bunch of crap they don't want. It's a Tupperware party where they peddle food instead of Tupperware.

What I can't bring myself to understand is why you women continue to do this to yourselves. Every time you come back from one of these "parties", I hear about how much it sucked, how expensive everything was, how the host was a "B", and how nobody wanted to buy anything so you felt guilty and bought a bunch of #### you didn't want. But then a month later, you're sending out invitations as a host for one of these scams yourself. Seriously, what am I missing here? Why do you continue to put yor friends through this nonsense? You'd never see a guy hand an invitation to another guy and say "hey, I'm having a cigar party. We'll get to try out some cigars and if you like them, there will be a catalog so you can buy some."

Hmm, on second thought.......

Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'd go to a cigar party.