Monday, July 30, 2007

The perks of working for ATT

I answer a knock on my front door. There's a salesperson standing on my front porch.

"Hi, are your parents home?" she asks.

"Probably," I answer back.

"Can I talk to them?"

"If you want to," I say. "But that would be quite the trick from here."

"Oh my goodness," she says. "I'm so sorry. Are you the homeowner?"

"Yes I am," I say. "Why, what are you selling? Oh and please hurry up, my favorite cartoon is about to start."

"That's funny," she says. "Again, I'm sorry about that. Well I'm here representing Comcast and I was just checking to make sure you're satisfied with your current phone provider. Is ATT your current provider?"

"Yes they are," I say. "And I am certainly satisified. They do a fantastic job."

"Well did you know that Comcast offers local service in your area as well?" she asks. "I'm sure I can get you a great deal on service if you'd be willing to change providers today. Is that something you'd be interested in?"

"Oh definitely," I say. "Can you beat $1.80 per month for every service known to man?"

"One dollar?" she asks with a confused look on her face. "I don't know about that."

"Then I'm not interested," I say. "Thanks anyway though. And give my best to Comcast for me. That's a cute little operation they got over there."

Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    At least she wasn't selling Tastefully Simple...although did you know that they have a fabulous beer bread? Just add a bottle of your favorite beer to the mix and bake. Delicious! Can I send you a sample?