Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Little Jerry is a lean, mean pecking machine

Police in Florida yesterday broke up what they believe to be a "very professional" cockfighting operation.

The cockfighting operation was discovered when loud cheering was heard coming from the woods. 17 men were captured, including one man who was wearing a hat with the word "COCKFIGHTING" on it. Police also discovered $25,000 in cash, a fighting box, and a grave of dead roosters.

Let's put aside the fact that this supposedly "professional" cockfighting operation was discovered because they were cheering too loudly. What I want to know is how someone finds a cockfighting baseball cap, thinks to himself, "Hey, I like cockfighting! I'm going to buy that hat!", and then wears it TO A COCKFIGHTING MATCH!

First of all, wearing the cap to a match seems a little bit like wearing the t-shirt of the band you're going to see. It lacks imagination and it just makes you look like a cockfighting poseur. I bet he always bet on the bigger bird too.

Secondly, someone actually produced a cockfighting baseball cap, which means there's likely more of them around. If anyone sees one, buy it for me. I want that hat! I can't wait to show it off to the guys in my golf league.

Do you think he wore the hat when he wasn't cockfighting? Where is a tasteful venue to display your cockfighting baseball cap? To a job interview? At brunch with Miffy and Chester? On your Real World 27 audition tape? Church?

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    So what you're saying is...

    I shouldn't wear my Def Leppard shirt to the concert tonight?