Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A tongue-in-cheek sports commentary

So who else is sick of sports right now? Every one of them has some kind of controversy going on. MLB and the Tour-de-France has steroids, the NFL has dog fighting and DUI's and strip-club shootings, and now the NBA has allegations of gambling. Please tell me I don't have to start following soccer.

No, that can't happen. I need my real sports back. So hear me out as I share with you my radical idea on how to fix all this. Everyone involved in these sports should embrace their lack of morals and make everything legal. You want to gamble on the score and shave points? Do it. It will add an element to the game that's unpredictable to the fans. You want to bulk up on 'roids and hit 100 HR's? Go for it. Everyone likes HR's. You want to go to a strip club and shoot a bunch of strippers? Hey, who am I to say that's wrong? Light their hair on fire for all I care. But if it's legal, we can all stop reading about it and just go back to watching the games. No more "Outside the Lines" specials. No more "HBO Real Sports" controversies. I want to see ridiculous calls by referrees, crazy 600 foot home runs, and dead strippers. Call me crazy? No, call me American.

Labels: , , |

1 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    That was awesome. Nice job.