Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Quickie Random Bloglet (to end December)

- I desperately want to like the new show on TBS called "My Boys". But why do they have to force-feed us that heavy sports-related dialogue? Does anybody talk like that? Okay, we get it, she’s a girl and she likes sports!

- I’ll continue to watch it though as long as Jim Gaffigan is involved. But it’s not a good omen if this is the only reason I continue coming back. Thoughts on the show anyone?

- If there’s a better feeling than putting on a brand new pair of socks, I urge you to come up with one. Okay not really, but you know what I mean.

- There’s 5 stages to being an SNL fan: first, you’re too young to watch it, but you’ve heard things. Second, you fall asleep mid-way through it. Third, you watch the whole thing. Fourth, you miss all of it because you’re not home. And fifth, you fall asleep midway through it again. Sadly, I’ve reached the 5th stage.

- Every time I see the Dunkin Donuts marketing slogan "America runs on Dunkin", I kinda get sick to my stomach a little bit.

- The week following Christmas is always kind of lame. But it’s even worse if you know your New Years plans suck.

- We’re at the point now where cell phones can do everything EXCEPT make phone calls. "Well it gets a crappy signal, but look, it turns into a fishing pole!"

Labels: , , , |

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I feel the same way about "My Boys," and I believe I just said last night that I was completely sick of relating her friendships to sports...constantly.

    There are moments, like when her brother's annoying wife calls and the ringer is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (If I remember correctly) that make me laugh. Despite those few funny moments I was told that I lose IQ points evertime I watch it.

    And ditto with the socks.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    The one and only reason I watch it is because of PJ (I think her name is Jordana). She's hot!!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Wow, we have found the three people who watch TBS. I was wondering who kept that channel a float. I was also wondering why they are start show at 5 minutes past the hour. That gives channel surfers 5 minutes to find something better to watch.

    Shouldn't you all be worrying about the Polar Bears and Global Warming? Or that the Aztec Calendar ends on December 21, 2012? Or that a metorite half the size of a football field could set off the next ice age?
    Yes, I was watching the history channel last night wanna fight about it?

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Why worry about that stuff when you could kill some brain cells and mindlessly watch a chick with a (practically) baritone voice compare everything to baseball?

    It's called escapism. I'm a card carrying member of the club.

  5. Anonymous Says:

    I am worried about those things; but I choose to not talk about them in this forum.

    Perhaps you'd be better served visiting IShouldKillMyself.blogspot.com

  6. Greg Says:

    My club is called laziness. We don't have cards. We started to make some but we never finished.

    I still don't think any of you should be watching that show. It's hazardous to your health. I've seen part of one episode and it felt like I was watching a snuff film.... or at least Yes, Dear.

  7. Anonymous Says:

    I am irritated with myself. I just tried that link. Grr.