Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy arbitrarilly chosen holiday

New Years is a stupid holiday if you think about it. All we're really celebrating is a date on a calendar that was chosen arbitrarilly. The Gregorian calendar (yes this blog is just an excuse for me to use the word "Gregorian") could have just as easilly be written with December as the first month instead of January. Then at least we wouldn't have to wait 50 days to play the dang Rose Bowl!

Even the ways in which we celebrate this holiday are retarded. Can someone please explain Auld Lang Syne to me? And gathering in New York to watch a big ball drop? Why? What kind of stupid tradition is that? Watching a giant clock I can understand, but what is the significance of the frigging ball? All it does is drop. Slowly. Until it stops. Ohhhh, how exciting, get the kids!!!

Personally I just think that New Years Eve is just a consipiracy put forth by the American Broadcasting Company so they can get their money's worth out of their animatronic "Dick Clark" robot. Oh yeah, you didn't know that Dick Clark's been dead since the 70's? Just look at those soul-less eyes. Of course he's a robot. He'll be paid off in 2016.

Labels: , , |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    What does this song mean? For my whole life I don't know what this song means. I mean, "Should old acquaintance be forgot". Does that mean we should forget old acquaintances, or does it mean if we happen to forget them we should remember them, which is not possible because we already forgot them?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I don't know if what I think this song means is actually correct..but I've always thought of the song as a toast to old friends as well as acknowledging those we may have forgotten? Maybe acknowledging that we have forgotten people?

    That doesn't even make sense when I write that out. It makes perfect sense in my head though. Darn it.

    I read almost that whole blog without looking at the picture. Then I looked at it at the mention of soul-less eyes. I am crossing myself as I write this. That picture is scary!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I don't know what the song is about... ANYWAY... it's about old friends.