Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Forget the kids, bring back Tank!

By now, you all know the story. Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson was arrested late last week after his home was raided by police. During the raid, the local police found illegal weapons, loaded and ready, lying around his house. This of course came less than a year after he was arrested for essentially the same thing, and for which he is currently still on parole for. Two days later, his “bodyguard”, who was in his home at the time of the raid and was charged with felony marijuana possession, was shot dead in a nightclub in Chicago in which Tank Johnson was also present.

Did I get that right? Yeah, I think so.

My immediate opinion after I heard that his bodyguard had been killed was that the Bears should distance themselves as far away as possible from a guy like Tank Johnson after incidents like these. He obviously has some problems that he’s choosing not to deal with, and he’s certainly not helping the Bears in the “role model for kids” department. However, after thinking about it some more, I’ve had a change of heart.

Do I really care if local kids are negatively affected by this guy being on the team? No, I don’t. I can sit here and tell you that it’s a shame and kids look up to him and he’s bad for the city, but that’s all crap. All I really care about is the Bears winning the Super Bowl. And if Tank Johnson is the best player they have at his position, then so be it.

Go Tank!

Labels: , , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    He's not paid to be a roll model, he's paid to win football games. So I guess what I'm saying is that I agree with you?