Friday, January 16, 2009

Who was that guy who was in that movie about the thing?

When I was watching Mannequin the other night (still don’t judge me), I noticed that the antagonist, well one of them, was James Spader. I forgot that he was in that, which makes sense because it didn’t really look like him. He definitely looked a lot different in Mannequin than he did in Pretty in Pink. I got to thinking about other movies where I was shocked to learn who one of the actors was. For instance:

- One of Biff’s friends in Back to the Future is Billy Zane.

- The villainous nerdy kid from Road Trip is Daryl from Adventures in Babysitting. "Ya think?"

- Connie, the mom from Son in Law, is also Ferris’s mom. I found this one out by questioning how two "different" actresses can have the same name. Wasn't that against union rules? Oh yeah I'm a smart one.

- Ronald Miller’s little brother is Seth Green.

- Siggy from What About Bob is the "beer has gone bad" guy from Can’t Hardly Wait.

Can you think of more that shocked you when you first learned/realized it?

Labels: , |

6 comments:

  1. Greg Says:

    Rusty from Christmas Vacation was David in Roseanne and is now Leonard in Big Bang Theory.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Roy from The Office was the tight end in The Replacements.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Chris Farley played an extra in an episode of Roseanne. You can see him in the background of a clothing store where roseanne and jackie are shopping.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    This one still gets me: Katherine Heigl is the girl from "My Father the Hero."

  5. Jerms Says:

    i can't believe you missed Jerry O'Connell as Vern in Stand by Me... haha he was so fat.

  6. Anonymous Says:

    Jerms, read this