Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A handful of final thoughts

Why didn't Aretha go with the big bow?

Do you realize that we don't have a President right now all because of Yo Yo Ma? (from Sam at about 12:01 ET)

Hearing Barack Obama give a speech, I can't help but be reminded of Eddie Murphy when he's doing his MLK impression in The Distinguished Gentleman. Are there any handicaps or gays on the committee. No gays.

Pretty typical though. Talked about hope for the new administration. Thanked the outgoing administration. A nice job overall. But did he pick a dog yet?

I double-checked with my opinion and that was the Worst. Poem. Evar.

Okay you were there. You flew to D.C. and stood there in 20 degree weather to watch a guy give a 15 minute speech. What next? Coffee shop? Bar? Laser Tag?

3 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    That bow comment was spit water on my monitor worthy*.

    Nice post.

    *Yes, that's an official level of funny.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Wow thanks. I'd be happy if I got a small smirk while you clicked to something more worthy of your time. But to be honest, my goal with each post has always been to one day ruin a computer monitor. I guess I can close this place down now.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'm surprised you didn't make any mention of the fact that Aretha breathed in the middle of the word country...talk about a joke that's set up on a tee...