Monday, January 12, 2009

I'd like to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press. Without them, nobody would know who the [bleep] I am

Here is my impression of what it's like to watch the Golden Globes:

And the nominees for Best Actor in a Drama series are:
- Some guy you've never heard of from Dexter.
- Another guy you've never heard of from In Treatment.
- The only guy you recognize out of each of the 5 nominees.
- A third guy you've never heard of from True Blood.
- A fourth guy you've never heard of from yet another show you don't watch.

And the winner is............one of the four guys you've never heard of.

Yay!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I think Kate Winslet is still thanking the bajillion people in her life...and yes, I said bajillion.

    Also - was it just me or did the repeated "I Love Yous" to Leo seem a little uncomfy to those who knew her husband was sitting next to him?

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Jill and I noticed the I Love You's. Awesome. Did you notice that she hugged Leo first when her name was called?

    Maybe I'm overthinking things that I know nothing about, but that poor dude is ugly, his wife is hot, and her best fried is friggin Leo DiCaprio. Weird dynamic.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    best fried?

  4. Hef Says:

    You've never heard of Gabrielle Byrne? You retarded or something?

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Satire Hef. Satire.

    Also, I would have felt worse had you spelled his name right.

  6. Anonymous Says:

    I have noticed two trends among most of my friends and acquaintances today:

    1. Most of them watched the Golden Globe Awards.

    2. Most of them are complaining about the Golden Globe Awards in some capacity.

    I sense we are a culture that can't live without complaining.

    And before you say so, I'm saying that not as a complaint itself, but as an observation.

  7. Hef Says:

    You're correcting my spelling? You retarded or something?

  8. Anonymous Says:

    No I'm not retarded. It's not like I spelled Gabriel Byrne's name wrong or something.

  9. Hef Says:

    You're repeating yourself. You retarded or something?

  10. Erin Says:

    I had the exact same conversation with my boyfriend about the Leo-Kate-Kate's unattractive/random husband.

    I would be super uncomfortable if I was that guy.