Friday, January 02, 2009

Posts that go unpublished, and for good reason

I found an old blog post from 2006 that I never published for some reason. Actually there was good reason. I remember coming up with an idea for an entire post of puns related to the workplace. It probably started with me thinking of one and then trying to think of more until it became worthy to put up here. As you'll see below, it never became worthy. Oh man it's bad.

I used to work for Firestone, but I ended up quitting because the job itself was just too tiring. So then I took a job with Midas and I figured it would be a little better, but it wasn't. Honestly, I'd get home and I'd be so exhausted. At the time, I thought that maybe auto repair just wasn't the industry for me. So I took a couple weeks off and really thought about what it was that I wanted to do with my life. In the interim though, I needed to make some money so I took a job at a shop that fixes watches. It wasn't a good time or anything, but it paid the bills. I also worked part-time at a barista, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I was familiar with plumbing, but finding work when you're not in the union turned out to be draining. I interviewed to be a driver for Pepsi, but they gave me this written pop quiz and I failed it miserably. During my job search, I would get out all of my frustrations at the gym. Eventually, one of the guys who worked there offered me a job as a trainer. I turned him down though because I didn't think I'd have the skills to make that work out. Finding a job was becoming increasingly frustrating until a friend of mine suggested that I should get a job with the city, like a police officer or a fire fighter or something. So I took his advice and I became a fireman. It's been a blast. The experience so far has been alarming, but I just hope I don't get fired.

Wow.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wow, that was lame. Pardon me while I recover from my head imploding.

  2. Jerms Says:

    ha i actually like it.

    u pwn puns.