Monday, January 05, 2009

Sight seen: bumper sticker edition

While I was out driving during lunch, I ended up behind a car that had a bumper sticker that said "DON'T BLAME ME: I VOTED FOR DUKAKIS". I'm surprised I didn't get into an accident afterwards because I spent the rest of my trip trying to figure out how the hell that bumper sticker came to be at that exact moment.

First of all, it wasn't on an old car. I could see if the car was from the 1980's or something, then I could chalk up the sticker's reason for existing that it just wouldn't come off the bumper. But this car was a newer Toyota, no older than 5 years or so. Was it put on there ironically? Or was it to be funny (like that time I put a bumper sticker on my car that was a Spanish translation of "please buckle up")? Or was its owner really using a bumper sticker to express 20 years worth of frustration?

Second of all, where the bleep did they get it? Where does one find a Michael Dukakis bumper sticker? I bet Michael Dukakis doesn't even have a Michael Dukakis bumper sticker.

All these questions, no answers. Frustrating lunch.

Labels: , |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Up until the last paragraph, I was trying to figure out when Olympia Dukakis ran for President...

  2. Jerms Says:

    Do cock kiss. I can't think of a better spokesperson for gay rights.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Maybe it was Olympia Dukakis. Clairee would have made a fine President.