Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Back in the swung

Gruss dich mein freunden und vie gehts?

I'm not even sure if that's right, but I tried. That's what 2 years of German 14 years ago will do for you; absolutely nothing.

Sorry for the lack of material the past week. My computer has been broken and Greg has been busy preparing for the next bio-dome project. The good news is that my computer is fixed, and Greg's bio-dome project is running right on schedule.

No, that's not true; I was only kidding. My computer wasn't broke. The truth is I was out of town. But now I'm back and better than ever. Or at least as good as before. Or maybe worse. Yeah, probably much much worse.

I have just one story to share with you as I get back into the swing of things [what does that phrase even mean 'back into the swing'? What swing? Like a swing in baseball? Or a playground swing? Or swing dancing? What's the past tense of swing dancing? Is it swing danced or swung danced? I think it should be swing dunced. Okay, my story]. Halloween night, this little boy who came to our door combined trick-or-treating with fund-raising. After we gave him some candy, he handed us a sheet with a bunch of crap that he was selling for school. So not only did he hit us up for a snickers bar, but he also hit us up for an $8 box of chocolate that we'll probably never see. No joke. This kid went up and down the block with a bag of candy in one hand and a fund-raising catalog in the other. He may be a genius, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

1 comments:

  1. Maygan Says:

    Imagine what the Girl Scouts could do if they combined their cookie campaign with Halloween. They'd make a killing!