Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cold November Randoms (2007 version)

- It may have been a bad idea that I joined the coffee club at work. It used to be that I’d pick up a cup from Dunkin Donuts on my way into work. But now that I have access to an unlimited supply of coffee 8 hours a day, I’ve been drinking it like it’s my job.

- Do children under 10 years old understand the universal sign for asking someone to roll down their car window? Or will they just think I'm having a muscle spasm in my elbow?

- What did we do before broadband? Did we really wait a minute or so for each page to show up?
- Does anyone have an envelope and a stamp I can borrow?

- There’s only like 8 or 9 people in the entire world who will understand the previous random, and none of them read this blog (I don’t think). But it was fun for me to include it anyway. And yes, I deserve a nerd alert.

- For some reason, you have to be a guy to appreciate anything on The History Channel. Then again, you definitely have to be a female to appreciate Bridezillas. Luckily, The Hills is universal. Or at least I'm telling myself it is. Audrina needs to dump Justin (Bobby). He sucks.

- Greg had it right back in 1998 when he moved 4 hours away from the family. He gets to pick any free weekend in November or December and that’s when he celebrates the holidays with us. Meanwhile, the rest of us have to make ourselves available 9 or 10 different times.

- What did we do before DVRs? Did we really watch everything while it was airing live?

- I won’t pretend to understand what childbirth feels like for women. But I bet the pain is on par with getting dirt in your contact lens. No?

- I apologize, but I have to end here. I’m all out of coffee and I smell a fresh pot brewing. Enjoy your Tuesday.

Labels: , |

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm still trying to decide if I should be offended by your History Channel/Bridezilla random.

    I love the History Channel, and I hate Bridezillas, and no, I'm not a lesbian.

    I definitely DO agree that Audrina should dump Justin (Bobby). It seems like he spends half the time looking for the camera, and the other half making sure he looks hot while on said camera.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    That's the one you'll pick to be offended by? Not the childbirth one? Interesting. And good to know.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'll be offended by the childbirth one when I've experienced that kind of pain. For all I know it does feel like dirt in a contact lens. Now THAT's a pain I could relate to.

  4. Molly Says:

    I've experienced both child birth and getting dirt in my contact lens. All I know is, you normally don't get an epidural when you have dirt in your lens, so I'd say that one is worse.

  5. Tricia Says:

    Aahh, life 'BDVR.' (Before DVR's) I can't imagine trying to get the kitchen cleaned up, the kids bathed and in bed, and the house picked up all before Dancing with the Stars comes on at 8:00. Thanks goodness I'm not one of you poor saps that lives in the Central Time Zone...then I'd only have until 7:00.

  6. Erin Says:

    I also love the history channel and immediately wanted to comment on that and not the childbirth one.

    history rules.

  7. Anonymous Says:

    I'm one of those 8 or 9 people, and I read this blog. Sabermetrics is fun, but I like sabernomics better. Nerd alert indeed.

  8. Unknown Says:

    OPS=OBP+SLG where OBP is on-base percentage and SLG is slugging percentage. These percentages are defined as SLG=TB/AB and OBP=(H+BB+HBP)/(AB+BB+SF+HBP), where;
    H=Hits
    BB=Bases on balls
    HBP= times Hit By Pitch
    AB=At Bats
    SF=Sac flies
    TB= Total Bases

    The mathematical expression for OPS is as follows.

    {AB(H+BB+HBP)+TB(AB+BB+SF+HBP)}
    OPS=____________________________

    AB(AB+BB+SF+HBP)

  9. Unknown Says:

    I love wikipedia