Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My sports wishes for the near future

If the Patriots are 15-0 heading into their final game, I hope they don't rest their starters. Every year a team wins the Super Bowl, but in the history of the league, only one team has gone undefeated and that was 35 years ago. And even they didn't go 16-0; they only went 14-0. Going 16-0 is something that no team in history has ever done. It's the right play.

I hope Barry Bonds signs with a team and leads them to the World Series, then declines all post-game interviews afterwards. Then I hope he declines the World Series MVP trophy on live television, walks out of the locker room, and is never seen or heard from again.

I hope A-Rod signs with the Angels for $300 million over 8 seasons, but for the next few years, his team finishes no better than 3rd.

I hope Kenny Williams thinks twice about his "David Eckstein can be my leadoff hitter" idea.

I hope my fantasy team stops its losing streak.

I hope Greg returns from the bio-dome.

I hope the Bulls finally win a game.

I hope Sidney Crosby scores 100 goals this season. I'm not even sure what that means, but I needed a hockey wish.

And finally, I hope that I have an impromptu running race against a handful of my in-laws who are roughly my age and I completely dominate them and leave them in shock at how wicked fast I am. Oh wait, that already happened. Yeah that's right.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I hope Don Shula shoves his asterick idea up his a$$.

    I also love the shirts the Pats have been wearing off the field. Front says "I eat" back says, "humble pie".

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Well, it looks like you got your Sox wish. Kenny backed away from Eck, and now he's going to repeat the Lovie-ish mantra of "Juan is our shortstop" for another year.