Friday, October 12, 2007

Starbucks, Bill Maher, and other Randoms

- I discovered a tell when an actor or musician isn’t comfortable being a panelist on "Real Time with Bill Maher". After everything they say, they’ll take a sip of whatever is in their coffee mug. Watch for it. If they say something and immediately take a sip, you know they’re not confident with the discussion topic.

- Donuts are delicious, but why must they be so much more appealing when they are free and eaten at work? (courtesy of Maegan)

- It’s too bad that I’m not a fan of the show, because now that I have Tivo, it would only take me about 35 minutes to watch 60 Minutes, and that seems like an idea that I’d be interested in.

- A quick test that you can play in your office on Friday jean day to determine how old a guy is. If his buttoned shirt is tucked into his jeans, he’s at least 30. If his buttoned shirt is untucked, he’s still in his 20’s. I can’t wait until a year from now when I get to start tucking in my shirt.

- Starbucks coffee sucks.

- Do you realize there’s a whole generation of kids who don’t know what it’s like to take a crappy picture and have to keep it? The rest of us are left with shoe boxes full of blinks, red eyes, and partial thumbs.

- Seriously, Starbucks coffee sucks. It tastes burned. All of their other stuff is good, but for a place that calls itself Starbucks Coffee, you’d think they’d have good coffee. Like if they were a hamburger restaurant and I went in there and ordered a hamburger and a coffee, first of all that would be kind of weird. Who orders a coffee with a hamburger? But the point is I wouldn’t blame them for the burned taste. I’d let it slide, enjoy the burger, and order a Coke the next time like a normal person. But they’re not a hamburger joint. Their money product is friggin coffee. So why does it suck?

- Just to see if they’re onto something, I’m gonna open a restaurant called "Brian’s Tacos". My tacos will taste awful but I’ll have awesome chimichangas. There’s no way this could work.

- They say it’s better for you to sleep on your back rather than your stomach. But every time I sleep like that, I wake up with pain in my lower back. So that can’t be right.

- I’d tell you to have a good weekend, but you probably have no control over how good it will be. So instead, just avoid Starbucks coffee and take it from there. And if you’re Devin Hester, just continue being you.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Erin Says:

    Thank you! Starbucks coffee is horrible and does, indeed, taste burnt! And, it's not just the people brewing it. My friend used to have bags of it in college and it tasted dreadful as well.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I agree. Starbucks coffee is terrible.

    I also agree with the shirt thing, but I don't think it's limited to button down shirts, I see it with polo shirts as well.

    If you tuck in your t-shirt though, you've gotta be 40 or older.