Monday, October 08, 2007

"If he dies, he dies"

The Sportsmanship Award for Week 5 in the NFL, an award that is given out by me only when I find a sarcastic and/or ironic reason for doing so, and which holds no monetary value whatsoever, goes out to Travis Johnson of the Houston Texans.

Johnson managed to give Miami quarterback Trent Green a concussion after Green tried to block him during a play in Sunday's game. Green lay still on the field for several minutes as trainers rushed the field to check on him. Dolphins players gathered near midfield to pray as medical staff took Green off the field on a stretcher. Johnson, however, began to taunt Green and his motionless body, earning a 15-yard taunting penalty.

After the game, Johnson unleashed an expletive-filled rant, calling Green a scarecrow. "My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today,'' Johnson said. "If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest, don't hit me in my knee. I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So, to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he was.''

Later, Johnson paid a visit to Green's house and kicked his dog in the ribs.

Okay so I made that last part up, but all of the rest is real. Travis Johnson may be my new favorite non-Bear. Simply outstanding.

Labels: , , |

0 comments: