Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Via here:

NEW YORK, New York -- Jeremy Piven is ending his run in Broadway's "Speed-the-Plow," due to a condition caused by a high mercury count, according to Variety.

The "Entourage" star missed a Tuesday evening performance and a Wednesday matinee due to his high mercury count health concerns, but David Mamet, the playwright of "Speed-the-Plow," appears skeptical of the actor's exit.

"I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury," Mamet told the entertainment trade mag. "So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."


David Mamet gets a gold star.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    There's a reason Mamet is by far my favorite playwright. Anyone who can fit 200+ instances of the f-bomb into a Pulitzer-Prize winning play gets my vote every time.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Sometimes I wish I had a fovorite playwright. But I'm also glad I'm into women. So there's my conflict.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'm going to border on snarky here.

    You don't have to be gay to appreciate live theater. You do, however, require a certain level of interest and intellect to appreciate it.

    The fact that I appreciate theater means that, as a straight man, when my date invites me up to her place after a play or musical, it means we'll likely be doing more than chatting about the latest fashion trends and whether those shoes really went with that bag.

    /high horse

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Good response Michael. Personally, I would have gone with a simple "not that there's anything wrong with that". But your way works too.

    Rob, you've been pwned.