Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tomaron nuestros trabajos

About a week ago I received an unsolicited email thanking me for applying for a Spanish translator job. I rarely if ever get unsolicited email to my work account, but I figured it had to be spam since I had never applied for a Spanish translator job (that I knew of). Also, the extent of my knowledge of Spanish consists of knowing that I’m a gringo and that piso mojado means wet floor. So I deleted the email and thought nothing else of it. Much to my surprise, I got a follow-up.

Brian,

Thank you for your recent inquiry for our [Spanish translator job] at [Company Name]. We have not heard back from you to schedule an interview, but the position is still available. Please contact me at [phone number] so that we can schedule a time where we can meet.

Thank you,
[Guy’s Name]


Should I respond? Oh, and which one of you jokers sent in my resume' for this?

ED: There is no perfect translation for the word "job" in Spanish, so this blog title is the best I can do.

Labels: , |

3 comments:

  1. Unknown Says:

    Respond in German.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Two years of German and all I can remember is "der taschenrechner kosten funfzehn mark". So if you can figure out how to fit "my calculater costs 15 dollars" into a response about a Spanish translator job, I'm in.

    Oh also, fusball ist toll.

  3. Jerms Says:

    haha yay for translated and slightly obscure southpark references.