Friday, September 28, 2007

The Office season premier: Fun Run
***Spoiler Alert***

If you didn't watch The Office last night, you probably don't want to read on because there will be spoilers.

Overall, I thought the season premier episode of The Office was fair. It might just be that I need build up my immunity to the asininity of Michael Scott again. His personality is so grating that last night was like nails on a chalkboard. I'm sure that after a couple episodes I'll start to find him endearing again, but last night he was just irritating.

Pam and Jim are together. But they're not telling anyone? Why? I think it's just because they like playing with people's heads. It's driving Kevin insane not knowing. Jim and Pam were pretty much just lovey dovey yesterday which I suppose is a shout out to all the teeny-bopper fan sites that were clamoring for "Jam" to get together. Hopefully the whole season won't be like that. I don't really care what Jim and Pam do after work, but in the office I want them inventing diseases and hiding cell phones.

Dwight killed Angela's cat. On purpose. Classic Dwight. Will we see Andy make a go at Angela this season? That would get us back to the Dwight-Andy conflict that was so great last year.

The "fun run" was a decent enough story line and all the circumstances surrounding the giant check were brilliant. I'd give this episode a B-. It wasn't their best effort but there were some memorable scenes.

What were your thoughts on the episode? Where do you think they're going to go from here?

***UPDATE: Remember to vote in the Office Poll on the left column!

Labels: , |

3 comments:

  1. Megan Says:

    I give it a B+.

    I love Stanley more and more.

    Creed is deliciously creepy. I loved his painkiller line.

    Andy is totally going to go for Angela.

    Kevin's (?) reaction to Jim and Pam's secret relationship was hilarious.

    I don't like Jan with Michael, it didn't make sense to me before, and it makes even less sense now.

    Ryan talking about being a wunderkind was great.

    Dwight killing Angela's cat was perfect. I wanted to put it out of it's misery too.

    I liked Pam better when her hair was frizzy and she dressed like a nun.

    I loved that when Toby crossed the finish line no one was there to celebrate, but everyone was clapping for Michael when he finally made it.

    Jim and Pam should have been caught frolicking in the bushes, but I am guessing that is for another episode.

    Sorry, this was a bit long.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Thank you for also updating asininity.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I've finally caught up on my Thursday night programming after having been out of town, although Tivo inexplicably cut out a half hour early during Grey's, so Jill is pissed. How does that happen? I wonder how many Tivo-related fights there have been. Well did you program it right? Of course I did. Well something went wrong. What do you want me to do about it now? I don't know, fix it. Fix it how? Ugh.

    As for The Office, I won't be as harsh on it as Greg. I was satisfied. Although at this point, I'm such a fan that they could show me 60 minutes of crap and I would still find a way to defend it. Now that they've officially jumped the shark (I hate that term) with Jim and Pam's relationship, I think they should embrace it now. They could even acknowledge it in the dialogue by one of the characters actually saying the words "jump the shark". If you're gonna do it, you might as well go all the way with it.