Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm not drivin' him to the airport!

Something that always bothered me - when Keith Hernandez asked Jerry to help him move, Jerry thought their relationship was far too new for Keith to be asking him something like that. When Kramer heard that Jerry had agreed to help, he was reasonably upset and said "Next thing you know you're gonna be driving him to the airport", while Jerry replied with "I'M NOT DRIVING HIM TO THE AIRPORT!" This sequence of dialogue implied that according to Jerry and Kramer, driving someone to the airport is even more of an inconvenience than helping someone move. I think that’s backwards. I've given plenty of people a ride to the airport, but I can't see myself ever helping one of them load one of their gi-normous couches into a truck. It takes a special kind of friendship (or incriminating photos) to ask someone to help you move, but I think you can ask just about any yahoo to drive you to the airport.

Now picking you up from the airport, that’s a whole different story.

[Editor's Note: Brian wasted another 1HappySt milestone to critique a short piece of dialogue from a 15-year-old television show. Yes, this is 1HappySt's 500th post. Woo Hoo!]

Labels: , |

0 comments: