Friday, November 10, 2006

'Round yon Virgin Megastore

Every year around this time, I’ll read or hear about someone complaining about the commercialization of Christmas. "Christmas should be about the birth of Christ," they’ll say. "It shouldn’t be about the amount of money you spend on presents."

In years past, I’d read or hear that and I’d agree. Too many people focus too much energy on the headaches of Christmas such as the buying of presents and the overall commercialization of the holiday, and not enough time focusing on what’s really important.

But you know what? I’ve come to a realization this year. I like the commercialization of Christmas. In fact, it’s my favorite part. Who doesn’t like getting presents? Forget about Jesus and all that nonsense. I want Seasons 1 and 2 of "The Office" on DVD.

Labels: |

0 comments: