Friday, November 03, 2006

I'll just fix myself a snack

After one month and four days of marriage, I can honestly say that Jill and I have had only one situation where we’ve had trouble adjusting to life as newlyweds. Jill asks the daily question "what should we do for dinner?" and I consistently respond by saying "I don’t care." But I don’t think the problem comes from my indifference to dinner. Rather I think it comes from her not believing how I could be indifferent to something so important. But that’s just the thing; I really don’t care.

You have to remember, I lived by myself for over 6 years. That’s 6 years of pizza, sandwiches, pizza, hot dogs, the occasional hamburger, and pizza. So the answer to the question "what do you want for dinner?" has always been "I don’t care, I’ll figure it out when I get home." Unfortunately, that doesn’t work anymore. Now I have to decide that morning or maybe even the night before so that preparations can be made. Hopefully with time, things will get better. One thing I can say for sure is that I’ve probably spent more time at the grocery store just this last month than I did previously for the whole year. This has to be a good sign for me, right?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go. I’m in charge of the salad tonight and we’re all out of cucumbers.

Labels: |

0 comments: