Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wedding receptions, Evite, and other Randoms

I read a headline that says the White Sox won’t be picking up Ken Griffey Jr’s $16 million option for 2009. In other news, my boss denied my request to stay home from work for the next few months while still getting paid.

New drinking game: take a shot every time Mike Singletary says "team" during a post-game press conference.

Hey did you know that there’s a World Series going on? I knew there was one going on last week, but apparently there still is. Yeah I was shocked too. I guess you learn something new every day.

I have a wedding to go to this Saturday. I already have bets for the reception on who will be the jealous single girl who wishes she was getting married instead as well as the over-served guy who dances too much, so really the only thing left to bet on is whether this will be the last song played, or this will be. I'm hoping for the latter.

Now that he’s becoming an elite NBA player, do you think any kids will start buying Rudy Gay’s jersey?

On that note, remember that if at first you don’t succeed, ask your manager to assign it to someone else.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Jerms Says:

    i would guess i know who you believe will be the most overserved guy on saturday, though that's only under the assumption that it isn't me (which I think is a safe assumption... right?)

    clearly the last song played at ridgeway's wedding will be Poison by BBD. don't mess, foo.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    You don't get overserved, and I've never seen any dancing coming from you. But if you want to put your name in the hat, I'd be pleased.