Tuesday, December 04, 2007

God Bless the U.S of D.

It's a good thing that Amerigo Vespucci's name wasn't something like "Darren".

Is there anything one can usurp other than authority?

I am habitually blaming my inclinations on my predispositions.

Every year at this time, Arby's sells glasses. They don't have a logo or advertisement on them. They're just glasses. I don't have a joke here. I just don't get it.

Often we have product names derive generic terms from the original brand. For example, geezers will often call a refigerator a "Frigidaire" regardless of the name brand.

I can understand this, but I have always wondered why you never see it the other way around. Why aren't there more brand names derived from generic terms. If I owned company that made beer, I'd call it "Cold One".

Taking this even further, products could be named after what they are. "When you're at The Store, why don't you pick up Some Eggs." You'd never have to advertise! Anyone have any other ideas?

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    How about "Alofa" bread?
    Or "Agallina" milk?
    Or "Asticka" butter?
    They all work.

    This isn't the exact same concept, but I always thought that "asswipe" would be a good name for a company that sells toilet paper.