Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My mom said I can't get wet

Remember when you were a kid and someone would come at you with a water balloon or something and you'd bust out the "my mom said I can't get wet" defense? It probably only worked 50% of the time or so, but even with those odds, it was still worth the effort. You had a 50/50 shot of walking away from that situation completely dry. Wouldn't it be great if that same concept translated to adulthood?

Like if your wife said to you, "come to the mall with me, I need to pick up a few things", wouldn't it be great if you could respond with "oh you know what, my mom said I can't go to the mall"? Instead, if you were to say something like that, she'd call you a momma's boy and a few minutes later you'd be in the car. Well that's crap. Next time I'm a situation where somebody is asking me to do something I don't want to do, I'm busting it out.

"Mr. Brian, our records show that you're two weeks behind on your mortgage payment."

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, my mom said I can't pay my mortgage."

I like it.

Labels: , |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I dont really have anything to say related to your blog, but that awful toy gun you gave Ryan for his birthday is going to meet its end soon...i have identified a similar sound..if you play it as loud as you can and repeat it over and over again, you will have officially experienced my last hour and a half...

    http://download.NLiveris.com/ShortMoviesAndSounds/SoundEffects/PHASER.wav

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I'm glad it's being used exactly the way Jill and I hoped it would. I'll make sure I teach the little guy how to call me if you start giving him crap about it.