Thursday, July 27, 2006

KidzBop, Steve Perry and the Costanza Defense

  • Has anyone ever studied the correlation between cases of depression in popular rock artists and those artists' songs being included in a Kidz Bop compilation CD? After hearing those kids singing "Bad Day", Daniel Powter should be on suicide watch.
  • Does it strike anyone else as unfair that George Costanza would lose his job for having sex in the office, yet Andrea Yates is found innocent for killing her kids seeing as how they both used the same excuse? "Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I gotta tell ya, I have to plead ignorance on this one, cause if someone told me that that sort of behavior was frowned upon..."
  • So it turns out that the guy who just won the Tour de France, Floyd Landis has tested positive for high levels of testosterone. After the last 8 years of speculation about Lance Armstrong and doping, how could he think he wouldn't get caught? Maybe he can try the aforementioned George Costanza defense.
  • Do you find yourself wishing that other aspects of your life had a Tivo too? I'll notice that I'm daydreaming in a meeting or zoning out when the waitress is listing the salad dressings and then think, "Oh crap, I missed that, rewind!" Damn you, Tivo!

Labels: , , |

0 comments: