Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Joe Buck's All Star Diary

Here's an exerpt from Joe Buck's Diary from yesterday, July 11th, 2006...

6:30 am - My alarm clock goes off awaking me to the relaxing sounds of Yanni. I got out of bed and opened the curtains to a gorgeous view of Pittsburgh. Our room looks right out over the Allegheny River. I heated up some water in the hotel room microwave and brewed an herbal tea. It was about this time that Tim woke up and yelled, "How can you listen to that crap?!" and hit the snooze button and covered his head with his pillow. Just give it a chance, Tim!

7:15 am - After reading the complimentary USA Today left outside our hotel room and eating a bran muffin from the continental breakfast, I began my morning Yoga routine.

7:25 am - Tim got out of bed, turned off my "Sounds of Nature" CD and said, "Someone ought to shoot that ****ing bullfrog!" Then Tim went back to bed.

8:06 am - I put on my running clothes and go out for a jog. I left the room but waited by the door to see if Tim made any noise after I left and sure enough... He turned on the TV. Sounded like he was watching Fairly Odd Parents. He loves that show. If there's one thing Tim McCarver loves, its little fairies.

8:38 am - I love the shuffle function on my iPod. When else would you ever hear "Lose Yourself" by Eminem followed by "Meet Me in St. Louis" by Judy Garland?

9:25 am - I just got back to the hotel. Tim's in the shower. It looks like he ordered up some breakfast. Looked like bacon and eggs. I keep warning him that if he keeps eating like that, I'll be doing play-by-play at the World Series with Lou Piniella... and nobody wants that.

9:53 am - Tim's FINALLY out of the shower. Time for some sight-seeing around Pittsburgh. I'm trying to talk Tim into taking me to the Andy Warhol Museum.

Labels: , , , |

0 comments: