Monday, September 22, 2008

I'll take your tax dollars or my name ain't AIG

Here is a letter sent to the NY Times found here:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Bernanke and Mr. Paulson:
My student loans are too big and it is hurting the economy. Can I have a bailout, please? I need $92,000.

Thanks,

Nathan Kottke
St. Paul, Sept.17, 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously Nathan was going for humor there. But wouldn't it be great if Bernanke read that in the Times and then responded to him with something like "Hi Nathan, thanks for the inquiry. Your tax records show you're middle class, so I'm sorry, we cannot help you at this time. But stay strong and good luck on the foreclosure, Love Ben."

That'd be awesome. Sometimes humor goes a long way.

Labels: , |

0 comments: