Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Beating a Live Horse

Does anybody else find it funny that the man who's asking us to trust him with $700 billion is the same man who asked us to trust him that bailing out Fannie and Freddie would stabilize the economy?

Paulson: "I need $700 billion. Trust me, I can fix this."
Senate: "You said that last time."
Paulson: "I've grown since then."
Senate: "It was a month ago."

I love the idea of more government oversight, but I hate the idea of putting "more" and "government" in the same sentence. Is there any way they don't screw this up?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's talk about something else, shall we? It's Jill's and my anniversary this weekend. We're thinking about going to Lake Geneva or Galena, but are open to any other suggestions.

I think Old Guy is on to me. He hasn't called me Mike in a while and I think I know why. Neighbor Zach from 2 doors down has spent a lot of time with Old Guy the last couple weeks doing work around his house and I think he may have called me Brian a few times. I'll keep you posted if my cat is out of the bag.

What does that mean, cat out of the bag? What cat and what bag? And what sick-o is putting cats in bags to begin with? Wouldn't the phrase make more sense and be more humane if it was "let the cat out of the carry-all"?

Go White Sox!

Labels: , , |

2 comments:

  1. Jerms Says:

    if you like alpacas and log cabins i'll ask my parents to hook you up. let me know via email since i'm in singapore.

    http://www.galenalogcabins.com/

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the offer Jerms, but we decided on Lake Geneva. Your parents cabins look cool though. We'll have to check that out one day. I had no idea what an alpaca was.