Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm not working when I'm 88

I just received an unsolicited phone call on my work phone from someone wanting to talk to me about my retirement. This was especially odd because I rarely, if ever, get any phone calls on my work phone that isn't related to my job in some way or a relative. She immediately went into her spiel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holly: Uh hi Brian. I'm Holly from [can't remember her company name]. I'm just calling to confirm that you received the retirement package we sent you in the mail.

Brian: Not that I know of. Who are you?

Holly: Oh. We talked on the phone last week and I sent you a retirement package. You didn't get it?

Brian: No. I don't remember your phone call.

Holly: Oh. Okay well no problem. You authorized for us to send you a package in the mail that outlines retirement options.

Brian: Okay.

Holly: May I ask what kind of timeframe you're thinking about for your retirement?

Brian: I'm not sure what you mean.

Holly: How long before you plan on retiring?

Brian: 30 years?

Holly: Oh my goodness. Good for you.

[pause]

Holly: Wait, is this Brian Sharp?

Brian: Yes.

Holly: And you're 58?

Brian: No.

Holly: Oh. Well I'm so sorry to bother you Mr. Sharp.

Brian: Hey think nothing of it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea what that was about. Any ideas?

Labels: , |

0 comments: