Friday, September 08, 2006

My All-Chicago-Sports contribution

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: Brett Favre’s three interceptions, or Rex Grossman’s knee explosion.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: The Indian’s 4-game sweep of the White Sox or the Tiger’s 4-game sweep of the Twins.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: Thomas Jones’s 120 yards on 25 carries, or Cedric Benson’s 8 yards on 5.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: the inevitable phone call from Frank wondering what’s going on with the White Sox, or Tom Waddle on The Final Word wondering what’s going on with the White Sox.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: Derek Lee’s 3-run HR in the 7th to give the Cubs the lead or Ryan Dempster’s blown save in the 9th.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: Jay Mariotti’s column that bashes the White Sox, or the look on my face Sunday morning as I read it.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: Lovie Smith telling the media that he likes his football team, or Jerry Angelo telling the media that he REALLY likes his football team.

-I’m not sure what I’m looking forward to more on Sunday: Turning on HBO at night to get away from all of the Chicago sporting nonsense, or getting a call from Jill to tell me none of it matters anyway.

-On second thought, I’ll take the call from Jill.

Labels: |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    So..you look at yourself in the mirror while reading Mariotti’s column?