Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Looks like somebody has a case of the Randoms

-I never thought my life could get any lamer as I found myself watching an episode of “Next” on MTV on Saturday afternoon. But then a gay episode came on and I was proven wrong.

-I'm addicted to "High School Stories" though. Good programming idea there.

-When was the last time you went to Blockbuster and found a movie that you were excited to see?

-Speaking of Blockbuster, I always find it amusing when they dedicate an entire column to a movie that sucks. Are there really that many people that want to see "Bewitched"?

-When you drive in to a town, there’s always a sign that welcomes you that includes the year that the town was founded, like “Welcome to Glendale Heights, founded in 1959”. But isn’t that poor English? You wouldn’t say “this morning I founded my car keys”.

-Does anyone else find themselves (or should I say “finded themselves”) feeling a rush of excitement with the news of a celebrity death? To me, the bigger the celebrity, the bigger the rush. Tough to explain.

-To be fair, I was sad when I heard that Steve Irwin had died. The 70’s had Olivia Newton John, the 80’s had Paul Hogan and Mel, and the 90’s had Steve. Unfortunately, I don’t see anyone taking over the reins as everyone’s favorite Australian for this decade, and I can’t see myself liking Russell Crowe any time soon.

-I guess what I’m saying is Heath Ledger better start popping out hits that don’t involve a cowboy theme real soon.

-Is it creepy that I find Natalie Portman attractive when I watch "Beautiful Girls" even though she was only like 15 at the time the movie was made? Or am I off the hook because she's in her 20's now?

-If the No.1 movie in the country doesn’t gross at least $20 million, is it really fair to call it the No.1 movie? It’s like when Tony Gwynn won the batting title in 1988 with a .313 average. Sure, you’ll take the trophy, but it’s almost embarrassing.

Labels: , , |

0 comments: