Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Thank you for calling DirecTV, how may I help you?

Yesterday, my DirecTV DVR broke. Now if you’re at all like me, you’ll agree that a DVR is kinda like a cell phone; You don’t care that you don’t have one until after you get it and then it gets taken away. I can’t go without my DVR, especially on a night when I had a bunch of things to do and 24 was on (not to mention further David Blaine nonsense).

So I called up DirecTV and I was ready to let them have it. I was going to abuse the poor guy or girl who was unfortunate enough to answer my call. I even prepared ahead of time by writing down insults on a notepad (things like “you suck”, or “I can’t believe how badly you suck”, or even Homer’s classic “you’re the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked”).

But then something happened................

They helped me. I got an apology for my inconvenience and a promise that a new DVR would be on its way. They even put a rush on it so it wouldn’t take too long. All I could do was respond with a quiet “thank you”.

Don’t you hate it when good service gets in the way of your prepared notepad of insults?

0 comments: