Monday, May 15, 2006

I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!

I’ve had my Dodge Magnum for 2 years now and I still love it. It’s the only car I’ve ever owned that I didn’t get tired of after a year or so. I love that it’s still kind of a novelty on the road since they haven’t become a dime a dozen yet. But the other day, I thought of a disadvantage to having a car that stands out.

It started when I was in a near-accident. You know the kind; where you don’t actually hit something, but you feel the adrenaline rush for like 10 minutes afterwards. Anyway, as I was collecting my thoughts and calming myself down, I got to thinking. If I was driving a car that looked like everyone else’s, I could have hit that guy, taken off, and still have had the possibility of getting away with it. But with my car, it would have been almost impossible.

For example, if I drove a gray Toyota Tercel, at first glance, most people wouldn’t know if it was a Nissan, Hyundai, or whatever. A witness to a hit and run involving a Tercel would probably tell the police something like “yeah, I saw it…..it was a little gray foreign thing”. But at first glance with my car, everyone immediately knows what it is. Right there, my chance of getting away with it automatically decreases.

Now I’m not saying that I endorse hit and run’s, and I’m not saying I would ever do it if given the chance. But if I ever did, it would be comforting to know that I at least had a good chance of getting away with it.

Labels: , , |

0 comments: