Friday, May 05, 2006

Restroom Attendants

We've all been there. We're enjoying our time at a nice bar. There's good tunes, good folks; Everyone is drinking and laughing and carrying on. But then it's time to use the bathroom, and surprise surprise, there's a dude in there handing out paper towels and mints. Who is this dude, and why is he in there? And how did he get the gig? Is he an independent? Does the bar hire him? And how does that interview process go?

"So, do you have any experience handing out paper towels or mints?"
"No, but my father works for Altoids, so........"
"Really, Altoids? Interesting..........you're hired."

C'Mon bar managers, we don't need dudes handing us paper towels and mints. There's nothing in the bathroom that I haven't done by myself countless times before; I don't need help with any of it. Er, you know what I mean.

0 comments: