Thursday, May 11, 2006

Darlin' won't you go and cut that hair

I finally went and got a haircut today. For the past week or so, every time I’ve looked at myself in the mirror, I’ve noticed how sloppy I look. It usually takes about a month from my previous haircut for me to start looking like one of the Duke brothers (the blonde guy, not the brown-haired guy). But then I still usually wait another week or so before I finally go and get it cut.

Why is that?!?!

Why don’t I have “instantly look better” at the top of my daily to-do list? Looking bad doesn’t bring any advantages whatsoever, yet I still always seem to let myself go for the full week. It would be different if getting a haircut was on par with such chores as going to the dentist or having a boil lanced. Those things I could see wanting to delay as long as possible. But I find getting a haircut to be quite relaxing. Maybe I’ll place the blame on not having enough free time. Yeah, that’s it……no free time.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go. ER is about to start.

Labels: , |

0 comments: