Friday, May 12, 2006

My Ode to Rickey

I was going to start referring to myself in the 3rd person like Karl Malone and Rickey Henderson. But I thought that seems kind of played out. So what if I started referring to myself in my alias's 3rd person? I could say something like "Duke Malloy loves chicken", but I'd be referring to myself and my fondness of chicken. Then it would be up to you as my audience to figure out that I have an alias of Duke Malloy and that I’m talking in his 3rd person.

But which person would that be? Would my alias’s 3rd person be considered the 4th person? I think it would.

So what if I started switching between the 3rd and 4th persons mid-conversation? You might hear me say "Brian loves chicken", but in the next breath, you'd hear me say "Duke Malloy could really use a Coke". Then it would be up to you to figure out that I have a fondness of chicken AND a need for a Coke.

But that would probably never happen. I mean really, who has conversations about chicken and Coke?

0 comments: