Thursday, June 29, 2006

A ton of backside....I mean upside

A quote from Knicks GM/Coach Isiah Thomas before the NBA Draft last night: “I stand here before you in all honesty and still say I would rather have Eddy Curry than any player in this draft and every GM would take Eddy Curry in this draft. So would I. Had we had the second pick, I would've traded the second pick in the draft for Eddy Curry.”

This got me thinking. What if Eddy Curry WAS in this draft, and the Knicks had the 2nd pick and he was available? I think the commentary would have went something like this:

"Eddy has some upside. He’s a little old (23) for a rookie, but he's big, he can clog the middle, and he can post up. Defensively, he's slow-footed and has trouble rotating; NBA coaches will exploit that. He also looks lost on the court sometimes, people question his overall basketball IQ, and he has trouble maintaining proper fitness. Oh, and he has that scary heart problem and could potentially die on the court at any moment.”

Eddy Curry - DePaul
Needs to improve - heart

You're right Isiah. That's the safe pick.

Labels: , |

0 comments: