Monday, June 19, 2006

Phil Mickelson's got nothing on me

What is it about Greg and Brian’s family and golf? Jill's family was kind enough to invite me to their annual Father’s Day golf outing on Saturday. But the only “outing” for me was that they learned what kind of golfer I am. I won’t bore you with my score, but at one point on the 11th hole, after chipping from the rough and failing to get out, taking a drop, then shooting it right back into the rough, Tom said to me, “you know, if this was boxing, the ref would have stopped the fight by now”. I feel this was the perfect quote to sum up my day.

But I can’t say that I’m disappointed. This is what comes from being born into my family. We love to golf; we just suck at it. We are to golf what Elaine Benes is to dancing.

All I can say is thank goodness for Miller Lite.

Labels: , , |

2 comments:

  1. Greg Says:

    Sweet fancy Moses!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    If you find that you need your ball retriever regripped, then it's time to stop. Until then, have fun!! :)