Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More ESPN fodder

For whatever reason, it has become popular for the "talking heads" of ESPN to shout at each other in order to drive their point home. I blame Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon for starting this trend. Surprisingly, or perhaps not surprisingly, they're the only 2 people I can stand that do this. But what I can't understand is why the higher-ups at ESPN insist on feeding us programming that makes it less enjoyable for fans to watch and follow sports. Isn't this bad biz? If I owned a restaurant, would it make sense for me to hire a food critic to come in and yell at my customers about how bad my food is? I don't think so.

With shows like Pardon the Interruption, Around the Horn, and any show that has Stephen A. Smith on it, we're forced to listen to a bunch of blow-hard sports columnists yelling at each other. And I love how with each one of these columnists, they have the ego to think that their opinion is always the right one. Personally, I can be swayed with a good argument, but these guys insist on sticking to their guns. Just once, I'd like to hear Jay Mariotti on Around the Horn say something like "you know what Woody [Paige], you're right. I change my mind."

Of course that could never happen. Woody has never been right about anything. And yes, I know this for a fact and I will not budge.

Labels: , |

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I am glad to see this blog. It shows me that the constant yelling at you when you come over and turn off Gilmore Girls for Pardon the Interruption has worked. Many times I have told you that the guys don't need to yell because they, in fact, have the same opinion but you have never agreed with me and instead continue to watch the stupid channel so I not only miss the end of Gilmore Girls but also the first episode of Home Improvement! Though you did not SAY you agree with me, I can tell by your "ESPN" tone that we are now on the same page.