Monday, August 21, 2006

I have a superior Wang

It’s time for everyone’s favorite game called “Fun with Wang”. Actually, it’s probably nobody's favorite game since I just made it up and it’s pretty juvenile, but maybe it’ll catch on with people who are as immature as I am. It’s easy to play. All you do is find newspaper articles about Yankees starting pitcher Chien-Ming Wang with sentences that make you giggle 8th-grade style. Consider the following:

- When Wang takes the mound at Fenway, he'll be deep enough in enemy territory to feel the moisture on his face.

See? It’s easy to play. And very juvenile. And very unnecessary. Which is why I like it. Why am I writing in sentence fragments like this? I don’t know. Okay, I’ll stop. Back to the game.

-Wang knows how precious his gifts are, particularly that stunning two-seamer that separates him from everyone else.

I’m not sure if that fit for the purposes of this game, but I used it anyway.

- Wang and Big Unit are starting to perform better as of late.

- There's not much about Wang that categorizes him as ordinary.

- Wang is as gentle as a monk in the clubhouse.

- Opposing teams would love to get their hands on Wang, but he’s here to stay.

- Wang has two trusty weapons; his sinker, and a zero-anxiety demeanor.

- Wang battles Colon today.

Okay, so that one was probably too juvenile even for me. Please accept my apologies.

I’ll end with this one. Hopefully it will get the bad taste out of your mouth. Er, I mean, hopefully you won’t find it as offensive.

- Wang has explosive stuff with great movement.

Okay, so this was probably the first AND LAST installment of “Fun with Wang”.

Labels: |

0 comments: