Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Everybody slurs when they're drunk

Okay, so who hasn't said something offensive when they were drunk? I say we get over it and move on. But what I find particularly interesting about this whole thing is that most of the focus about Mel Gibson the last 2 days has been about his hateful remarks towards Jews, yet hardly a mention goes to the fact that he was driving drunk. So he can go out and put people's lives in danger, that's fine. But don't you dare use racial slurs (is this considered a racial slur? I keep hearing it called that, but isn't it more of a religious slur?).

I'll be honest, this won't affect me from seeing Mel's movies in the future. What can I say, he makes good movies. If I boycotted every movie that was made by someone in Hollywood that doesn't share my same religious and/or political views, I'd probably cut my list of watchable movies in half.

So personally, I'm not going to over-react to a drunken Mel Gibson mouthing off to a cop. Instead, I'll wait patiently for Lethal Weapon 5.

Labels: |

0 comments: