Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oops I crapped my pants

After watching last night's Bears game, I will admit I kind of felt sick to my stomach. I wasn't sharing the same joy that most of Chicago was probably feeling after witnessing whatever that was that we had just witnessed. The reason was because I knew I was going to have to wake up to all the Chicago sports columnists (Jay Mariotti) that were sure to focus on what the Bears didn't do rather than what they did do [quick note: Jay Mariotti did not disappoint]. But is that really fair? Is it so wrong to enjoy a 6-0 football team, regardless of how they came to be 6-0?

Consider this: If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl and play like they played last night, but still win the game, would I really care that they played like crap, or would I just be happy that they won the Super Bowl?

Consider this too: they won on Monday night for the first time since 1997, it was on the road against a decent team, they're still undefeated, and they did all this while Rex Grossman played with a load in his pants. I would imagine it's quite difficult to play football with a load in your pants, particularly when you're the quarterback. So maybe we should be giving credit where credit is due.

Labels: |

1 comments:

  1. Greg Says:

    Speaking of crapping my pants, earlier in the week, I traded away Peyton Manning in a deal that brought me Rex Grossman and a wide receiver (a position where I was seriously lacking). I knew it was a high risk move but the way my fantasy team is doing, I was kind of desperate.

    How did that work out for me? Let's put it this way. Had I kept Manning and left him active this week... HIS BYE WEEK, I would have been better off than playing Grossman and my newly acquired WR, which earned me a net loss of 6 points. Fantasy football sucks.