Friday, January 20, 2006

28 days...

... until the four most beautiful words in the english language. Pitchers and catchers report! Is football season over yet? Who won? I had all my money on the Packers. I should check with my bookie and see how much he owes me.

I'm actually not as excited about this coming baseball season as I should be. As you may know, I'm a White Sox fan and since we've already won the World Series, I really have nothing left to live for. What else is there? When my sons were born, I thought, "Man, I hope the Sox never win the Series so these will be the best moments of my life!" Sorry, boys.

What else is there to accomplish? Maybe this year we could win it all without losing a game in the playoffs. They lost one last year. Pathetic. It reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld when George is giving Derek Jeter and Bernie Williams hitting tips and they say, "we won the World Series!" "Yeah..." George says. "In 6 games!" We won ours in 4. Sigh. It's no fun being so much better. The commissioner's office should look into ways to make it more competitive. Level the playing field a bit by making all the White Sox' wives play instead.

Which begs the question... Let's say that the entire roster were shrunken down to the size of Eddie Gaedel. Who would win in a game between the Yankees and the team of mini-Sox. If Ozzie Guillen were shrunken too, you might have yourself a contest, but a regular-sized Ozzie could win with a team of mini-Sox any day.

0 comments: