Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Joe Morgan chat nonsense - Vol 4

kerry, katonah, ny: If anyone would know Joe, it's you. How good is Robinson Cano? Is he the long term second baseman for the Yankees

Joe Morgan: I think he's a very good player. Right now, he's a very good offensive player than defensive player……..defensive problems come from concentration lapses.

Aside from the fact that he only answered (and partially at that) one of the questions while completely ignoring the second one, would I be nitpicking if I pointed out Joe’s butchering of the English language? Right now, Joe is a bad typer than speaker.

And as for the last part, I’m sure there are people who just plain suck defensively who would disagree with Joe on that one. I know for me, back in little league, a lack of concentration wasn’t my problem. I just couldn’t catch or throw.

Miami,FL: why do you think that the nationals did not trade alfonso soriano? Also, why do you think that roger clemens didn't go to boston? do you think he might have something to the owner?

Joe Morgan: It surprises me that they didn't trade him. It tells me that they think that they can sign him for next year. But he's going to be a free agent. I think it was a mistake, personally, but if they can sign him, it wasn't a mistake.

Again, Joe picks part of the question and completely ignores the rest. Next week, I’m going to ask a two-parter (Joe, how old are you and why do you suck?) just so I can see him answer “62” and then move on.

Scott (DC): Joe, What more puzzling? Soriano not being dealt or Clemens/Oswalt/Lidge being rumored to be dealt?

Joe Morgan: I knew that Oswalt was in a deal. I hadn't heard anything about Clemens. It's surprising to me if the owner had said to trade one guy. He probably just wanted to improve the team.
To be fair to Joe here, this question was just plain dumb. But he still didn’t answer it.

Jeff (Sioux Falls SD): Which stadium is the most underratedd?

Joe Morgan: That depends what you're talking about. I would say Seattle.

Maybe my favorite dialogue of the whole chat this week. Hey Joe, what do you like better, steak or chicken? Neither, but I like steak better.

Labels: |

0 comments: